It is getting that time of the year! Spring is just a few weeks away and I am already planning to keep my plants happy by allowing them to buddy up to their favorite friends!
Here are my 10 favorite planting companions. Some of these I learned from my father growing up and many of them I learned from reading the Farmer’s Almanac.
- Onions and Cucumbers repel cucumber pests that feed on young cukes.
- Leeks and Carrots keep the rust fly at bay.
- Basil and Tomatoes control hornworms.
- Onions and Chives planted around your garden will keep the rabbits out.
- Radishes and Cucumbers repel cucumber beetles.
- Thyme and Potatoes to enhance growth.
- Thyme and Eggplant to enhance growth.
- Sage and Cabbage will enhance growth of the cabbage.
- Marigolds planted around your garden will keep a variety of insects and rabbits from feeding on tender plants.
- Catnip and Eggplant will repel flea beetles.
Do you have a favorite companion plant that works well in your garden? Please share, I love trying to introduce my plants to new friends!
P.S. Do you like what you are reading? Join the homestead and homemaking movement and get some Our Simple Homestead inspiration delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up Now!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.