Looking for some simple ways on how to enjoy life?
Do you have that yucky feeling way down deep? Does your life feel out of balance and you just can’t put your finger on it? Do you feel like you’re missing something, but you don’t know what that something is? Don’t worry, because you know what? You’re not alone and you can learn how to enjoy life.
“Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.” Amish Proverb
Many of us feel discontented with life and are looking for ways to make a change. We live in a stressful world and finding ways to keep our life in balance is a big concern.
We all need to feel productive, we need to feel like we’re making a difference and most of us want to achieve success. But being productive and achieving success is only half the battle, the other half is finding peace in your life.
While I do believe it’s important to figure out what part of your life triggers those uncomfortable feelings, there are ways you can make positive changes in your life. It all starts with living in the present and not in the past and finding the joy in the day you’re in.
Here are some ways you can learn how to enjoy life:
- Go outside and turn your face up to the sun and let the warmth of its rays warm your soul. Just be outside and enjoy nature.
- Surround yourself with people who love you. Take a good look at the person you love the most and remember all the reason why you feel in love with them.
- Shut the television off, turn the radio down, turn your phone off and spend a few hours totally unplugged from the world. Read a book, take a walk, smell a flower or play ball with your children.
- Make a change. Doing the same thing in the same place day after day is boring. Change your scenery, rearrange a room, take your work outside, take your work to a coffee shop, drink your morning coffee outside, or eat your lunch at the park.
- Look for an organization or non-profit you can volunteer at. There is so much joy to be found in helping others.
- Make your home your refuge. Work, stress and family can often get in the way of finding true inner peace. If your outside world is crazy, make your inside world your safe zone. Make it habit to check your stress at the door.
- Just be quiet. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all. Stop and take a few minutes to just relax and be in your own thoughts. Hide in a closet, lock yourself in your car and if you’re like my husband go to the barn and just be still.
Remember it’s all about balance.
Do things that make you happy and faithfully wrap your arms around the things that bring you joy and gives you peace.
If you’ve found a way to enjoy your life, please share it with us in the comments section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. Do you like what you are reading?
Are you looking to slow down and live a simpler life?
I am so happy you’ve landed here and I can share some of the simple living principles that have made a huge difference in our lives.
To give you a place to start I have created a “5 Steps to Simple Living Guide“ that I am offering to you free.
Along with this free download, is included a complimentary subscription to our weekly Our Simple Homestead Newsletter. Each week you’ll receive simple living tips, homesteading ideas, old-fashion recipes and every once in awhile a touch of the Amish lifestyle.
Click here to receive your free download of 5 Steps to Simple Living today!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.
I love that Amish Proverb and it is so true, we have to be willing to move our feet! I really appreciate you sharing your awesome post and your talent with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
Great tips, and a perfect post with all the holiday craziness coming up. I love that my Apple Watch gives me “Breathe” reminders every couple hours — then, it times you for a minute and leads you through 60 seconds of focused breathing. Thanks for sharing with #HomeMattersParty!