Old Fashion Skin Care.
I smile each time I take a trip to the drug store and pass the isle that contains all those high priced health and beauty skin care products! I have learned over the years that everything I need for skin care the old fashion way can be found right in my kitchen, and I don’t need any of those overpriced harmful chemicals to take care of my skin.
I am a very simple country girl who does not wear much makeup, and am not prone to primping in the bathroom for hours on end, but I do like clean skin and make a point to keep it as healthy as I can.
Here are a few of my simple old fashion skin care tips:
- Sea salt makes a great mild abrasive and makes a wonderful body and facial scrub.
- A used tea bag works as an astringent to tone your skin.
- Honey and oatmeal combined clears away dead skin and leaves your face smooth and soft. Grind two tablespoons of rolled oats in a blender, and then add two tablespoons of honey to make a face wash.
- All you need is an egg to combat dry or oily skin. Egg yokes help dry skin, while the egg white helps with oily skin.
- Vegetable shortening makes a great hand moisturizer and works great to soften tough, dry heels. Rub shortening on your heels and put on a pair of socks before going to bed at night.
Do you have any tried and true old fashion skin care secrets you can share?
P.S. Do you like what you are reading? Join the homestead and homemaking movement and get some Our Simple Homestead inspiration delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up Now!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.