It happens every year about this time, and as always I am ready with my tired and true homemade sore throat soothers.
I don’t get sick much, but when I do it is usually a sore throat and I am always ready to whip up one of these homemade remedies. I have tried them all, and the one that works the best for me is the Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar recipe.
The next time you have a sore throat give one of these old-fashion sore throat soothers a try.
- Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar – Mix 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup raw honey together and then take one tablespoon ever four hours as needed.
- Frozen Pop Ice – Try sucking on a frozen pop ice every couple hours. The cold ice will numb the soreness in your throat. This works best for kids.
- Cayenne Pepper – Add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to 1 cup of boiling water; stir well and gargle while the mixture is very warm. This brings more circulation to the sore throat area and helps draws away any infection.
- Mustard – Grind on tablespoon of mustard seed and combine with the juice of half a lemon, one tablespoon of salt, one tablespoon of raw honey and 1 1/4 cups of boiling water. Let set covered for 15 minutes, and then use as a gargle.
- Warm Compress – Place a warm compress on your neck for 30 minutes every 2 hours.
Do you have any homemade health and beauty recipes to soothe a sore throat? I would love to hear them!
P.S. Do you like what you are reading? Join the homestead and homemaking movement and get some Our Simple Homestead inspiration delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up Now!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.