This simple lip balm recipe is super simple!
I always feel like a scientist when I dig out my test tube holder and start mixing up my special health and beauty beeswax lip balm recipe. I get pretty fussy about what I put on my lips so I don’t mind taking the extra effort to make a lip balm that is free of chemicals. The bonus is I get to use our own homegrown beeswax from our own bee hives.
It’s really easy. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 tablespoons beeswax, freshly grated or beeswax pellets (you can find them at Amazon)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tea tree oil
- 20 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Lip balm tubes (I buy mine at Amazon)
Using a double boiler or heat-safe bowl place pint jar in the pot of simmering water. Melt beeswax, almond oil, and coconut oil until melted and blended.
Remove from heat and add vitamin E oil, tea tree oil, and your favorite essential oil. Stir until blended and pour into lip balm tubes.
I found this great test tube holder at Amazon that I use to hold by lip balm tubes. It was the best thing I ever bought! It makes filling these small tubes so easy!!
Let cool until solid and cool to the touch. They are ready to use and share!
Want more? Read on.