Spending time with family.
During your life often the things you treasure and hold dear are the relationships you have with your family. Those relationships need to be nurtured to stay strong through lives ups and downs. So it is important that you learn how to spend more time with your family right now.
When your life is too complicated, and the stresses of normal life get in the way, the first thing that normally suffers are those relationships you hold so dear.
While we hate to think what would happen if we found out we were dying, but would one of the things you think about be how you needed to spend more time with those you love?
Living simple is all about turning away from those things that keep you from living the life you want. If you get lost in the modern world, either by a busy commute, or too many activities, you have let the world consume you and drive you away from the primary reason for life…to love and be loved.
Simply living or living a simple life start with you:
- The next time you pick up your phone to check Facebook do something different and call a loved one or if you don’t have time for a call how about a short text to let them know you are thinking about them.
- Before you head out the door for a busy day how about leaving 30 minutes early and meet someone for a quick coffee.
- The first few minutes of coming home will set the tone for your evening. Make those re-connect moments with your spouse wonderful. Send the kids outside to play, turn your phone off and meet your spouse at the door, make those first few minutes all about your spouse.
- Instead of lunch out of the office spend that time making a phone call or writing an email to a family member you love.
- Look forward to spending the extra time with your family. Go for a walk, play ball, read a book, do anything that connects you to those you love.
The people in your life need to know you love them and that you want to spend time with them. Make the choice today to turn your back on those things that pull you away from what is important and start living a family centered life.
“I have to say that I do live what I write about, and this post came from the events that are going on in my life right now. I am soon giving up a full-time job to come home to spend more time with my family. I am at a point in my life where the quality of life is so much more important to me than the quantity of life the extra income brings. So please, I encourage you to re-evaluate your life and find ways to rid yourself of those things that keep you from enjoying those around you. “ Tracy
Here is a list to some of my favorite homemaking tools and resources:
(Contains Affiliate Links)