Our bees keep us supplied in beeswax, but all ingredients including the beeswax are all-natural and fairly easy to find. I bought all these ingredients through Amazon since I pay no shipping with my Amazon Prime Account, but in the past I have found them all in the local all-natural health food store.
The steps are easy, so please follow along.
Step #1 – Gather all of your ingredients and layout your containers on an old towel or old cookie sheet.
- 1 cup grated beeswax – Beeswax protects the lips from the harmful rays of the sun.
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil – Coconut oil is known for its moisturizing ability.
- 3 tablespoons almond oil – Almond oil rejuvenates dead cells.
- 2 teaspoons vitamin E oil – Vitamin E helps reduce the effects of sun damage and decreases dryness.
- 2 drops of tree tea oil – Tree tea oil has healing powers and also helps keep bacteria away.
- 35 – 5 gram cosmetic containers
Step #2 – In a double boiler or a bowl set inside a pan that does not sit on the bottom, add your grated beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil. Slowly heat the wax until it is melted. Keep your heat on low so it does not burn the wax. Melt it slowly on a low heat.
Step #3 – Once the wax is melted, remove from heat and add Vitamin E and Tree Tea Oil while it is still hot.
Step #4 – With a clean or new turkey baster fill each container with the melted beeswax lip balm.
Step #5 – Once the balm is cooled, you can add the lids back on each container.
Even though I make this beeswax lip balm recipe for my lips it can be used on other areas of the body. Dry hands, knees, and elbows can all benefit from this recipe of lip balm.