Homemaker, housewife, or stay-at-home mom
Whatever we call ourselves the title comes with an array of different job duties. The skill set is still the same, but the role has changed over the years. Let’s face it over the years a housewife has been looked at as a less than productive person…considered lazy and unemployable, but in all truth they have held the most important job in the family.
My primary goal is to make my home the core of what makes my family happy, healthy, and prosperous.
For many, like myself, it means balancing a job and finding time to care for the home we live in. Others it may be home-schooling children and trying to balance lesson plans with everyday duties, or it may be tending to aging parents by taking on the role of caregiver. Whatever our circumstances are we all should live by the same homemaker creed.
As a homemaker I promise to:
- See my home as the heart of my family, where my family can relax and unwind from the outside world
- Use green cleaners to lessen the footprint my family has on the environment and protect my family from harsh chemicals
- Conserve energy to save hard earned dollars from leaving the household
- Shop locally to support the economy
- Cook from scratch to keep the fillers and chemicals out of my family’s diet
- Recycle, re-use and repair whenever possible
- Find ways to live frugally to preserve my family’s cash flow
- Be a good role model for my children and grandchildren
- Produce as much of our own food as possible
- Can and preserve the food we grow
- Keep my home clean and clutter free
- Be responsible for living within our means
Many are full-time homemakers, but there are still many of us that hold a job outside the home and have found ways to preserve the lost art of homemaking by balancing the two. Whatever your job or jobs are, your most important one is to be the rock that holds your family together and to take on the role of a woman.
Nothing makes me happier than to see the look of content on my husband’s face when he comes home to a home cooked meal in a clean well organized home. I know my husband appreciates it and even though the art of homemaking is slowly making a comeback, I bet there are many husbands that would like nothing more than to have their wife back home, in the role of homemaker! Have you ever asked your husband what he feels the role of a woman is?
So I challenge you to pull out your apron and wear it with pride…be the best you can be, in whatever role you’re in…full-time, part-time or anytime homemaker!
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. Do you like what you are reading?
Are you looking to slow down and live a simpler life?
I am so happy you’ve landed here and I can share some of the simple living principles that have made a huge difference in our lives.
To give you a place to start I have created a “5 Steps to Simple Living Guide“ that I am offering to you free.
Along with this free download, is included a complimentary subscription to our weekly Our Simple Homestead Newsletter. Each week you’ll receive simple living tips, homesteading ideas, old-fashion recipes and every once in awhile a touch of the Amish lifestyle.
Click here to receive your free download of 5 Steps to Simple Living today!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.