Not Too Sweet – Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut Bread Sweet Bread
There’s always an abundant supply of pie pumpkins at our house this time of year. Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cookies and since I am not a big sweet fan my favorite Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut Bread. This recipe is not overly sweet and has half the sugar as regular sweet bread. A perfect pair to a cup of tea or coffee on a cool fall evening.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one loaf pan.
- Combine sugar, honey, oil, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Beat well.
- Add pumpkin, 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- In separate bowl combine 1 tablespoon flour, chopped walnuts and dried cranberries until coated.
- Fold in coated nuts and cranberries into batter mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. Do you like what you are reading?
Are you looking to slow down and live a simpler life?
I am so happy you’ve landed here and I can share some of the simple living principles that have made a huge difference in our lives.
To give you a place to start I have created a “5 Steps to Simple Living Guide“ that I am offering to you free.
Along with this free download, is included a complimentary subscription to our weekly Our Simple Homestead Newsletter. Each week you’ll receive simple living tips, homesteading ideas, old-fashion recipes and every once in awhile a touch of the Amish lifestyle.
Click here to receive your free download of 5 Steps to Simple Living today!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.