Simple Amish Sugar Cookies
There aren’t many sugar cookies I say don’t need frosting but these are an exception to that rule. These super-simple no roll, no chill Amish Sugar Cookies are perfect for any occasion. This soft cookie is a no-fuss recipe that will surely be a hit with your family.
On a cold winter day, nothing hits the spot better than a cup of tea and a couple of melt in your mouth Amish sugar cookies. Made with simple ingredients that you should have in your pantry these are one of my family’s favorite cookies.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugars, butter, Canola oil and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and blended evenly. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tarter. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients until combined.
- Drop rounded 2 inch balls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until edges, turn a golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
Want more? Read on.
Are you looking to slow down and live a simpler life?
Do you feel like the world is closing in around you, and you want to hide and find a place where you can be alone?
That was us ten years ago!
I'm so happy you've landed here and I can share some of the simple living principles that have made a huge difference in our lives.