Simple Amish Sugar Cookies
There aren’t many sugar cookies I say don’t need frosting but these are an exception to that rule. These super simple no roll, no chill Amish Sugar Cookies are perfect for any occasion. This soft cookie is a no-fuss recipe that will surely be a hit with your family.
On a cold winter day, nothing hits the spot better than a cup of tea and a couple melt in your mouth Amish sugar cookies. Made with simple ingredients that you should have in your pantry these are one of my family’s favorite cookies.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugars, butter, Canola oil and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and blended evenly. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tarter. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients until combined.
- Drop rounded 2 inch balls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until edges, turn a golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. Do you like what you are reading?
Are you looking to slow down and live a simpler life?
I am so happy you’ve landed here and I can share some of the simple living principles that have made a huge difference in our lives.
To give you a place to start I have created a “5 Steps to Simple Living Guide“ that I am offering to you free.
Along with this free download, is included a complimentary subscription to our weekly Our Simple Homestead Newsletter. Each week you’ll receive simple living tips, homesteading ideas, old-fashion recipes and every once in awhile a touch of the Amish lifestyle.
Click here to receive your free download of 5 Steps to Simple Living today!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.