Fresh from Garden Tomato Basil Soup
This time of the year gardens are bursting with fresh tomatoes and basil and is the perfect time of the year to make Homemade Tomato Basil Soup. Even if it’s still too hot outside to enjoy soup, fresh tomatoes from the garden make this soup a must no matter what the temperature is outside.
- 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream.
- Combine diced tomatoes and juice in 2 quart sauce pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree juice mix with chopped basil leaves in blender on low speed.
- Return to sauce pan and add whipping cream butter, salt and pepper.
- Heat on medium stirring thoroughly until butter melts.
- Top with tablespoon of sour cream right before serving.
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. Do you like what you are reading?
Are you looking to slow down and live a simpler life?
I am so happy you’ve landed here and I can share some of the simple living principles that have made a huge difference in our lives.
To give you a place to start I have created a “5 Steps to Simple Living Guide“ that I am offering to you free.
Along with this free download, is included a complimentary subscription to our weekly Our Simple Homestead Newsletter. Each week you’ll receive simple living tips, homesteading ideas, old-fashion recipes and every once in awhile a touch of the Amish lifestyle.
Click here to receive your free download of 5 Steps to Simple Living today!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.