Nothing beats the smell of homemade sandwich rolls baking in the oven.
These hearty homemade sandwich rolls are becoming a staple for my family! We are loving them for any kind of sandwich, but they work the best for homemade sloppy joes and hamburgers.
- 3 tablespoons warm milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soften butter
- In a large bowl, combine milk, water, yeast and sugar.
- Let sit until yeast is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add bread flour, all-purpose flour, butter, and salt and mix well.
- Knead dough until slightly tacky, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 8 small dough balls.
- Place each dough ball on a greases cookie sheet and press down each ball slightly.
- Let the sheet of dough balls sit until doubled.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. Do you like what you are reading?
Are you looking to slow down and live a simpler life?
I am so happy you’ve landed here and I can share some of the simple living principles that have made a huge difference in our lives.
To give you a place to start I have created a “5 Steps to Simple Living Guide“ that I am offering to you free.
Along with this free download, is included a complimentary subscription to our weekly Our Simple Homestead Newsletter. Each week you’ll receive simple living tips, homesteading ideas, old-fashion recipes and every once in awhile a touch of the Amish lifestyle.
Click here to receive your free download of 5 Steps to Simple Living today!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.