Homemade Pancake Recipe
You know it’s the weekend at our house when you smell bacon and hear the sizzle of homemade pancakes hitting the griddle. I’ve made more pancakes than any other breakfast food and have picked up a few tips along the way to make the perfect homestyle pancake just like my Grandma made.
Here are some of my favorite tips for making homemade pancakes:
- For the fluffiest pancakes substitute club soda for the milk, it will make them lighter and fluffier.
- Heat the griddle until drops of water dance and evaporate immediately.
- Use only a 1/4 cup measuring cup full of batter for each cake.
- Let the pancakes cook until the edges start to look dry and bubbles form on the uncooked surface.
- If you’re looking for more tips for making the perfect pancake I encourage you to visit my friends at Chew the World where they answer the all-important question …What temperature to cook pancakes?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of milk or club soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons oil
- Mix all ingredients and drop 1/4 cup of batter on hot griddle.
Want more? Read on.
Are you looking to slow down and live a simpler life?
Do you feel like the world is closing in around you, and you want to hide and find a place where you can be alone?
That was us ten years ago!
I'm so happy you've landed here and I can share some of the simple living principles that have made a huge difference in our lives.