Nowadays people can choose among a wide range of commercial cleaners that will help them clean their homes. Commercial cleaners may have proven their efficiency, but they are often too expensive and not good for the environment. Homemade cleaners, on the other hand, are definitely a cost effective solution when it comes to tackling cleaning chores.
One of the most effective natural cleaners that should have its place in the homemade cleaning kit is vinegar. Vinegar is traditionally used in many recipes, as it has proven its amazing properties as a cleaner.
In case you are thrilled by the idea of trying new DIY cleaning recipes with vinegar, take a look at the following natural recipes that include vinegar. They are easily prepared and would be a great addition to your homemade cleaning kit.
Take a look at the following suggestions and pick the recipe that appeals you most:
- Orange and Vinegar Cleaner – This vinegar can be prepared without any difficulty. All you need is the orange peels from three oranges and 2 cups of white vinegar. The orange peels should be placed in a suitable jar, together with the white vinegar. Leave the mixture sit for a couple of days and then you will have a homemade cleaner that has a fresh orange scent. Apart from the cleaning element, you will also refresh your home at the same time.
- Vinegar Glass Cleaner – This easy glass cleaner works great for all glass surfaces in your home. Mix 2 cups of water with ½ cup of white vinegar. Find an appropriate spray bottle where to put the cleaner. This is excellent homemade glass cleaner that is the ideal substitution of the traditionally expensive glass cleaners.
- Carpet Cleaner – White vinegar is widely used as a carpet cleaner for treating a multitude of stains. Mix ½ cup of white vinegar and ½ cup water and pour into a spray bottle. After placing the mixture into the spray bottle, apply to the stain and let it stand for no more than 15 minutes. Using a brush, gently scrub the stain and blot dry.
- Vinegar Shower Spray – Now, you can efficiently clean your shower, without using strong and too expensive cleaning products. Mix 1 cup of white vinegar and 2 cups of water and add a few drops of lavender essential oil. Spray on your shower walls and clean gently the surface by using a clean cloth.
- Floor Cleaner – White vinegar is often used as a floor cleaner especially when it is combined with baking soda as well as with dish soap. The best recipe features one cup of white vinegar, one cup of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of dish soap. Mopping the floors with this homemade cleaner will keep them shiny and spotless for a longer time.
These five homemade vinegar recipes will help you as a homemaker and keep your home sparkling clean. Be creative and have fun experimenting with these excellent vinegar recipes. Supply yourself with enough vinegar and choose a recipe that appeals to you.
P.S. Do you like what you are reading? Join the homestead and homemaking movement and get some Our Simple Homestead inspiration delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up Now!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.
We use vinegar for so many things. It really is a wonderful addition to any homestead.
Hi Tracy, I was wondering what you use to clean your wooden furniture? Thanks, Sandra
Sandra I have a homemade furniture polish I use.
½ cup sweet almond oil
⅛ cup of beeswax pastilles or grated beeswax
10-15 drops lemon essential oil
In a double boiler, heat almond oil and beeswax until beeswax is completely melted. Once melted add lemon essential oil and stir well. Pour it into a widemouth glass jar and allow to harden and cool before using.
For everyday cleaning I use a mixture of white vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle.
Thank you so much Tracy. I love to follow along in your life. Sometime I think people think that I’m crazy with the way we live. 🙂
They may think we are crazy …but I love my crazy life! How about you?
I don’t care anymore what people may think or say about me. I feel bad for them, that they don’t understand the “good life”. I have to realize that I cannot want for someone what they do not want. I’m thankful for what God has taught me. I’m truly blessed. 🙂