Many think living simple means moving to the country to raise animals and tend to a large garden, and it can mean that but for most it means taking control of your life, no matter where or how you live. It means making the best choices for your family and not relying on others to do what you have been given two hands to do yourself.
It starts with changing the way you think and learning how to rely on yourself.
Here are a few things you can do to become more self-sufficient.
- Learn to cook at home
- Learn to grow vegetables
- Learn about green cleaners and rid your home of harmful chemicals
- Learn to recycle, reuse and make do
- Learn to change your own oil
- Mow your own grass
- Learn to do basic home maintenance
- Learn to iron your own laundry
- Learn how to sew
- Learn how to give a basic haircut
- Learn how to do basic gardening
Living a simpler life by becoming more self-sufficient isn’t hard it just takes a desire to take back control of your life and do for yourself.
You also might like these posts:
- Steps for living a simple self sufficient lifestyle. Part #1
- Steps for living a simple self sufficient lifestyle. Part #2
P.S. Do you like what you are reading? Join the homestead and homemaking movement and get some Our Simple Homestead inspiration delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up Now!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.