On a cold winter day nothing hits the spot better than a cup of tea and a couple melt in your mouth Amish sugar cookies. Made with simple ingredients that you should have in your pantry these are one of my family’s favorite cookies.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugars, butter, Canola oil and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and blended evenly. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tarter. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients until combined.
- Drop rounded 2 inch balls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until edges, turn a golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
P.S. Do you like what you are reading? Join the homestead and homemaking movement and get some Our Simple Homestead inspiration delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up Now!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.