My garden is bursting with fresh tomatoes and basil and this is my favorite time of the year to make Homemade Tomato Basil Soup. I know it’s still hot outside to be enjoying soup, but the fresh heirloom tomatoes we grow makes this soup a yummy treat no matter what the temperature is outside.
- 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream.
- Combine diced tomatoes and juice in 2 quart sauce pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree juice mix with chopped basil leaves in blender on low speed.
- Return to sauce pan and add whipping cream butter, salt and pepper.
- Heat on medium stirring thoroughly until butter melts.
- Top with tablespoon of sour cream right before serving.
P.S. Do you like what you are reading? Join the homestead and homemaking movement and get some Our Simple Homestead inspiration delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up Now!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation from affiliate and sponsored posts on this blog.
Want more? Read on.
Are you new to canning or just want to learn how you can save money and preserve your own food? I highly recommend At Home Canning for Beginners & Beyond.